Though spring’s just beginning, I’m already preparing for all the sun-filled weekends ahead and with summer clothing pouring into stores, I cannot help notice all the latest Spring/Summer trends. From printed tees, to maxi skirts, to wedges and bright coloured blazers, here is a list of my favourite 6 trends from clockwise.
1. Statement necklace: Sometimes an outfit calls for something more colourful! I always admire statement necklaces when I’m shopping. Old and brash, dainty and delightful or cute and colourful, whatever your style there is an accessory for your neck to suit this season.
2. Bright it up: Spring/Summer is a season of colours. Somewhere between the delicate pastels and the bold neons, lies the bright and happy shades of lemon yellow, cobalt blue, fuchsia pink and emerald green that are perfect for our summer. These shades are not as bold as neon nor are they as soft as pastels, but bright enough to help you make a style statement without making you feel conscious about it. But instead of wearing head-to-toe brights, the current trend is to add a bright pop in the form of accessories be it shoes, bags or jewellery. Plus, with monochrome taking over, bright coloured accessories are a great way to add hints of colour pop to your black and white ensemble. This way you get to combine two Spring/Summer 2013 trends into one stylish look.
Get this bag from h&m.
3. Nautical by nature: Be it classic nautical blue and white stripes or bold colourful ones, stripes of all sizes as well as orientations (horizontal, vertical, diagonal) are one of Spring/Summer 2013’s biggest trend. From high street to street style and from dresses to shoes, stripes in all shapes, forms and colours are available.
Get this stripy blazer from River Island.
4. Wedge me higher: Kick off your winter boots and put a little spring in your step with wedges. Wedges are the perfect summer shoes because they’re easy. They epitomize versatility, dressing down a dress or dressing up a pair of jeans. And come weekend BBQs, you’ll be relieved not to be sinking into the grass with your sharp stilettos. Trust me! Wedges are comfier than heels and lends a cool edge to any look, undoubtedly the hero heel of the summer.
Get these ones here.
5. Shady lady: Sunnies are the are the most wardrobe defining summer accessory and aviators are one of this years trend. They were first made popular by Ray-Ban and are now staples for celebrities and fashionistas. Aviators can be found by various brands and have made a comeback in classic, mirror and opaque versions.
Get yours here.
6. Colour me fuchsia: Nothing screams spring like a cheerful pop of pink on your lips. The striking shade is an immediate pick-me-up and looks downright pretty on all skin tones. Fairer complexions should choose shades with rose undertones, while medium skin tones look great in magentas. Darker? Try deep pink-reds with violet undertones. This MAC set comes with all kinds of hot pinks called Spring colour forecast (limited edition) so get yours quick!
• Bubble Gum Light lavender pink (Glaze)
• Laugh-a-lot Mauve pink (Lustre)
• Phlox Sheer light pink (Glaze)
• Pink Burst Clean bright pink with pearl (Frost)
Don’t want to buy the whole set? Then I recommend ‘pink noveau’ or ‘impassioned’. If MAC is a little bit too pricey, how about Barry M lip paint in ‘Shocking pink’ for only £4.50.
Any questions you’re weary about or want to know where you can get similar items else where please drop me an email.