Orange is big news for this season.
Aside from the fact that orange is the easiest way to feel like you’re on a beach in Maldives, it is a surprisingly flattering shade and suits a variety of complexions making it a great choice for summer, from vibrant tangerines, neon oranges and amped-up corals.
For a lot of people, orange is a hard colour to pull off. Surprisingly though, orange is a very flattering colour since it instantly adds a natural glow to your skin tone (honest!). But if you’re not used to wearing orange, it can seem a little tricky. So here’s how to make sure you’re wearing the right hues at the right time.
Do’s and don’ts for wearing orange:
1. Olive-to-dark skin should pick vibrant shades of mango and paler skin should opt for more muted shades such as a sunset orange.
2. When trying on clothes at the store, just hold up the item near your face; if it makes your eyes pop and brightens up your face, you’ve got a winner. But if it makes you look pale or drab, put it back!
3. Do pair orange with navy. It looks fabulous!
4. Get a pair of orange brogues – (the prettiest way to dress up skinny jeans)
5. Invest in an orange statement necklace, but remember when you wear it, it needs to pop out so do not wear it over an orange top.
6. Another great combo is beige and orange.
Orange items from clockwise: