Face it, you’re addicted to summer too.
The sun’s shining and I can’t resist celebrating all the little things that make this time of year so brilliant.
Five reasons why I love summer:
1. It becomes perfectly acceptable to picnic on any area of grass that’s big enough to sit on.
2. Getting out if bed at 7am is soooo much easier with the sun for company.
3. Days are much longer and everyone is much happier!
4. I love chocolate, but at the risk of turning into a human fondue, the hot weather makes me switch sweets for delicious salads.
5. It’s the perfect excuse to unleash my inner movie star and wear my sunglasses all the time.
don’t forget to protect yourself from the sun:
Wear tightly-woven clothing that blocks out light. Try this test: Place your hand between a single layer of the clothing and a light source. If you can see your hand through the fabric, the garment offers little protection.
Wear SPF of at least 15 blocks 93% of UV rays. You want to block both UVA and UVB rays to guard against skin cancer. Be sure to follow application directions on the bottle.
3.Wear a hat.
A wide brim hat is ideal because it protects the neck, ears, eyes, forehead, nose, and scalp (you can even wear it on top of your head scarf too).
4.Wear UV-absorbent shades.
Sunglasses don’t have to be expensive, but they should block at least 99% of UVA and UVB radiation.
UV rays are most intense between noon and 4 p.m. If you’re unsure about the sun’s intensity, take the shadow test: If your shadow is shorter than you, the sun’s rays are the day’s strongest.
What do you love about the summer?